In up to 50% of the cases when a couple is having trouble conceiving, it’s due to male fertility problems. What male infertility means is that the man’s sperm count is low and/or the sperm are impaired in some way.
Common Causes of Male Infertility
- Inadequate sperm development
- Abnormal shaped sperm
- Low sperm count or no sperm production at all
- Premature ejaculation
- Low hormone levels
- Drug, alcohol, or medication side-effects
- Tight underwear
There are other causes of male infertility, but those are some of the most common. The good news is there are several ways to treat fertility problems in men. Something as simple as changing your diet or medication can help, as well as taking herbal male enhancement supplements. If none of this works, surgery may be recommended by your doctor.
Increase Male Fertility With Supplements
Aside from helping you to lose weight and stay healthy, a diet that’s rich in fruits, vegetables—especially green, leafy vegetables—and seafood can help to naturally increase male fertility. You can also add the following supplements to your diet and increase your fertility.
- Vitamin C – helps to reduce sperm agglutination. In other words, it keeps sperm flowing freely rather than clumping up.
- Zinc – can raise testosterone levels and also sperm count.
- Vitamin E – may help increase fertility in men and women.
- Vitamin B12 – can help increase sperm count.
- Arginine – an amino acid that can naturally boost the libido and fertility.
- Selenium – important in helping to increase male fertility.
Other Natural Alternatives To Increase Fertility
Some of the top herbs that help to boost sex drive, increase erections and sperm count, while upping your fertility are:
- Tribulus Terrestris
- Yohimbe (may cause high blood pressure so use with caution)
- Muira Puama
- Oat Straw
- Ginger Root
- Saw Palmetto
With any supplement, vitamin, or herbal product, you should take it according to the package directions and discuss it with your doctor beforehand. Some herbs may clash with prescription medications.
Stress also plays a big role in overall health, as well as sexual desire and fertility. If you lead a particularly stressful life, take time out each day to exercise and relax.
Avoid saunas, hot tubs and don’t put your laptop on your lap since the heat from these raise testicular temperature and may cause infertility.
Many couples who have tried some of the above tips to increase male fertility have reported excellent results. It does take time and patience, but with a few lifestyle changes you and your partner may finally be able to conceive.
- Naturally Increase Your Sperm Count
- Supplements That Boost Sperm Count
- Increase Sperm And Semem Output
- Top 5 Fertility Tips
- 5 Causes Of Male Infertility